Existing U.S. customs laws were enacted as early as 1790. Although the speed of transporting goods has increased significantly, many of the rules pertaining to classifications, admissibility, appraisals, and drawbacks are constant. So-called "current" processes are hundreds of years old.
Washington Customs Lawyer
While the length of our careers cannot match the 200+ years that today's United States customs and related trade laws enjoy, the attorneys at Stein Shostak Shostak Pollack & O'Hara, LLP, possess comprehensive experience combined with sophisticated representation. Since 1933, the firm's practice has focused on all areas of customs and international trade law. We help importers and exporters with complex legal matters that include:
- Pre-importation planning and resolving duty and trade law disputes
- Export law related to government licensed products
- Customs seizures and penalties and related litigation
- U.S. federal administrative law involving imports and exports
- Free Trade Agreement qualification
- Imports to achieve favorable product classifications and duty rates
- Regulations pertaining to licensing of custom brokers, bonded warehouses and foreign trade zones
- Legal issues governed by international trade law
California International Trade Attorneys
If Customs questions an importer's right to make entry or there is an issue concerning the admissibility of a product, immediate legal action may be required. While we encourage pro-active pre-importation planning, the firm's attorneys assist importers and exporters in navigating complex government bureaucracies.
Without legal help from a Stein Shostak trade lawyer in Los Angeles, hundreds of thousands of dollars can be at risk. Late deliveries of products can void sales agreements or require significant and costly discounts to the product's purchaser.
Stein Shostak Shostak Pollack & O'Hara, LLP, is well known and well respected among U.S. Customs officials and members of the international trade community. Our firm is headquartered in Los Angeles and also maintains offices in San Diego, Washington, D.C., and Shanghai, PRC. To schedule an appointment, contact our Los Angeles office at 213-630-8888 or our Washington office at 202-331-1876.